<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Friday, February 06, 2004

SOME OF THE THINGS I’VE LEARNED SO FAR:

1 ) When intoxicated one should stay as far away from the World Wide Web as possible. Any writing done under any precarious state should be done safely without being connected, then put away to be looked at and reworked the next day. Just like email connections is a big NONO under certain mental conditions. (I had already figured this out as far as telephone calls are concerned – not to make them - and letters – to be reread before being sent off - I must be stupid. The problem is I like to listen to the radio on the internet WHILE writing. I should purchase a good old fashion FM transmitter but then I wouldn’t receive my favorite Hoboken, NJ, station - WFMU - when outside of the NYC area, which is 99.99 ad infinitum % of the time.)

2 ) Don’t ever quote anybody - if you use their name or a likeness of their name - without showing them the quote before publishing said quote even if you thought said quote wasn’t going to be interpreted as a quote but as an overall interpretation and condensation of a conversation. To simplify, I won't even use initials, I'm gonna start inventing names for people, and if the same people reappear in several blog entries, I will change their names and even their physical descriptions - though I rarely bother with physical descriptions - and this way I can make these "characters" based or not, loosely or not, on real people, say and do whatever needs to be said and done for the purposes of the blog entry.

3 ) What you think to be a good thing may be interpreted as a bad thing by others. Otherwise said, there is a great possibility that you view the world in a substantially different manner than others do.

4 ) The open-journal medium can be an explosively dangerous medium, and one cannot say everything that goes through one’s head. What am I going to do? Because I prefer to talk about people rather than about events and places. I should have started this undercover, so to say, under a different pseudonym, and without advertising myself shamelessly, pathetically, and drunkenly... But then… I wouldn’t be myself… arrh… the intricacies of life… and what’s the use of writing if others don’t read what you write… and what's the use of writing if we limit ourselves, if we don't say everything that needs to be said... ?

5 ) What is important to me is to be honest emotionally. The truth is all-together another matter, if one considers the truth to be ONLY what happens or what has happened. What I believe is: there is no real TRUTH, because we all interpret what happens or what has happened in our own particular manner. Which is why I'm not even gonna BOTHER with the "truth" because true truth doesn't exist.

6 ) What I see, what I experience, what I imagine, what happens outside of my head as well as inside of my head, what I say out loud and what I keep to myself, what I think while writing after the fact, what I've fantasized about, what I've dreamt about, what has happened interpreted by others and/ or by myself... is all fair game.

7 ) I AM NOT A JOURNALIST.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter