<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Friday, April 09, 2004

AND THEN THERE WAS FIRE

The good news is that this is my day off. The other good news is that I slept from 10pm till 8h30am waking up only twice, and then only for brief moments of incomprehension that I was alive and sleeping. The third good news is that I found a box of water-proof camping matches. Not that my studio is flooded or anything, but all my fire-making instruments have disappeared in the last couple of days and I was left unable to strike a flame to my gas burner… and thus unable to boil water so as to make tea or coffee. I had placed those matches in a sure place, which took me one and a half day to uncover, because I had paid such a high price for them. I had bought them a couple years back for my three months bike trip which I undertook way back when from the center of France to its western coastline and back up north, so that rain snow or shine I would never be without fire… basically, I had purchased this tiny box of wooden fire instruments which can be struck while dry or moist and create, for an emergency, Fire... And here today, in the confine of my Parisian studio, they have finally served me. After seven days straight at my favorite hotel, I am able to get up this gorgeous morning and make myself some coffee so that I can step out of my studio into the world accompanied by my computer a couple of books, and have myself a good day. Cheers to all.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter