<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Friday, April 02, 2004

THE LAST NINE MOVIES I'VE SEEN AT THE CINEMA

BlaBlaBla… when are the good movies coming back to the theaters?

Agent Secret, by Frédéric Schoendoerffer
You stay in the dark the whole time. Modern espionage with a few necessary clichés. There aren’t any good guys. They’re all bad. It’s not a rollercoaster ride, the karate fight scene is horrible. For what it is, I had fun.
IMDB
ALLO CINE

Demain on déménage, by Chantal Akerman
I was suppose to see this with my mother the other day. But we were tired and hungry, so we decided to have a falafel rue de Rosier instead. We made a very good choice.
IMDB
ALLO CINE

Las Horas del Dia, by Jaime Rosales
Well, this movie thought it had a good idea, but once the gimmick dissipated, there was nothing left. You still need a good story to make a good movie.
IMDB
ALLO CINE

Malabar Princess, by Gilles Legrand
Okay, okay, so this movie goes for some soft melo-spots, but I had a lot of fun here, and in the end, that’s one important part of film going. Beautiful pictures of French country & rural life. I think this kind of role was made for Jacques Villeret.
IMDB
ALLO CINE

Feux Rouges, by Cédric Kahn
Jean-Pierre Darroussin is one of my favorite actors, and Kahn’s last movie Roberto Succo was one good movie. I had too much expectation for this film to give it unbiased attention. However, if you drink a little too much, you might not want to see this, as it goes right home and takes no prisoners.
IMDB
ALLO CINE

La Chambre Obscure, by Marie-Christine Questerbert
This is the kind of film which gets me upset with the French film subsidy policies. Then again, if it wasn’t for the subsidized industry, France wouldn’t have a film industry, so a few fuck-ups, even a lot of fuck-ups, is alright as long as the French film industry is not forced, anymore than it is already, to bow down to Hollywood. France has the only film industry worth anything left in Europe.
IMDB
ALLO CINE

Prendimi l'anima, by Roberto Faenza
Give me a break.
IMDB
ALLO CINE

Blueberry, l'expérience secrète, by Jan Kounen
Geese, I sat down expecting your regular run of the mill western. Boy was I wrong. If you’re a fan of peyolte, this is for you.
IMDB
ALLO CINE

Podium, by Yann Moix
Benoît Poelvoorde is one funny guy. I kindda wished I had a better knowledge of French pop culture while watching this film, but it isn’t necessary. Even if you don’t know who Claude François was, you can still get a good laugh.
IMDB
ALLO CINE
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter