<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

TIME FOR A NAP IN THE BATHTUB

There’s raw food all over my studio. Now the trick is to see if I’ll be able to do something worth eating with it all. I got the black eye peas cooking right after I got back from work. I gave my studio a good clean. I even scrubbed the wooden floor after having swept it with an old sponge whipping up the water with a dirty rag. The beans were seasoned with some hot red pepper powder... from my favorite store where I buy all my beans, flours, rice, couscous, spices and grains... some whole cumin, some black pepper, some salt, about half a head of whole garlic, and some roughly cut yellow onion. They cooked at a low fire for a couple of hours before I turned the flame off to go shopping. It’s not even 16h30. Sean and the girls aren’t showing up till around 20h00 or 20h30. So I got me plenty of time. A little nap in the bathtub with a couple of cold beers is in order.

(Mix of music playing: Johnny Cash, Jacques Brel, Willy Nelson, Nick Cave, Ray Charles, Serge Gainsbourg, the Pogues, the Tiger Lillies, Patsy Kline, Hank Williams Sr., and one Charles Trenet…)
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter