<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

INCONTOURNABLE

My last day in Paris. The studio is clean. All there’s left is my mattress which I will throw away today or tomorrow morning. Have to ask the landlord if he minds that I stay here till my early-bird taxi tomorrow. If he minds and I have to go somewhere else, that’s going to be a pain in the ass. We’ll see. Tomorrow at this very same time I will be landing in London, and just a few hours later I will be arriving in Texas. I haven’t quite comprehended that yet. In a few hours I will no longer be in this studio, I will not ever come back to this studio. That hasn’t sunk in. That by Monday I need to purchase an automobile, start looking for a job, find a new home, and apply to get back into school. Though I know all of those facts to be true, I haven’t realized them, apprehended the irrefutable, come to term with my new life to come. Or is it my old life to come anew? Going back to Texas. My last day in Paris, France, for at the very least six months. And when I come back here, if I come back here in December, then I’ll no longer have a place to call my own, as they say, I’ll have to get a hotel room or crash on a friend’s couch. Today my life in Paris ends, so that the day after tomorrow a brand new period in my life can start. The waiting period is almost complete. For better or for worse, it’s a done deal… just about. Now all I’ve got to manage is not miss my plane. All the airline has to accomplish is get me safely to the other side of the ocean.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter