<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

SOME OF THE LAST FILMS I’VE SEEN IN ORDER OF THE LATEST SEEN LISTED AT THE TOP
(still working on this entry)

Vénus et Fleur de Emmanuel Mouret
ALLOCINE
IMDB
At times touching. Very low budget. The Boom Mic is in the frame it seems most of the movie, and that kind of ruined it for me. I can understand it once, and only because it’s a very low budget… but throughout the film! Too bad to, there were some real touching moments when the actors took us to a level too close for comfort.

The Soul of a man de Wim Wenders
ALLOCINE
IMDB

Le Plein de super de Alain Cavalier
ALLOCINE
IMDB

Le Rôle de sa vie de François Favrat
ALLOCINE
IMDB

Le Dernier des immobiles de Nicola Sornaga
ALLOCINE
IMDB
Nicola Sornaga tells us about meeting the poet Matthieu Messagier, and then takes us to the poet’s province and starts to interview him… we think we’re about to enter a classic portrait… and then… and then… M. Sornaga surprises us. He takes us someplace else, keeping us within the reach of the poet… He introduces us to the poet’s various friends… He takes us into the world of the poet, into his own world as a filmmaker… the film is sprinkled throughout with wonderful moments... images or scenes or single lines which seem to have little in common with what’s happening but somehow fit. I was completely surprised by this film. Refreshing experience.

O Drakos de Nikos Koundouros
IMDB
Beautiful film. I don’t know what else to say. The poetry of the movement, the letting go of the filmmaker towards a world which is not a real world but which works with perfection on the screen, the choreography of the scenes between the actors and the camera… I was disgusted with cinema after Tarantino’s last masturbation… and with this movie's magic, I felt a lot better about it all...

Kill Bill : volume 2 de Quentin Tarantino
ALLOCINE
IMDB
I didn't like it at all.

Mariage mixte de Alexandre Arcady
ALLOCINE
IMDB
Schlock French style. A bunch of rich people trying to be funny by trying to make us feel sorry for them.

Ma mère de Christophe Honoré avec Isabelle Huppert,
ALLOCINE
IMDB
Pretentious masturbation, though at times it is interesting. We’re never sure however whether it’s because the film has actually become interesting, or because the rest has been so blandly longish and trying so hard to shock that the smallest instance of descent cinematography / storytelling / and or acting gives us a sense of relief which we mistake for worthy moments. At first I was going to walk out, then I started getting a little bit involved in spite of myself… though I’m not entirely sure why. I normally enjoy Isabelle Huppert quite a lot, that’s probably why I stuck it out. She can be such a wonderful actress.

La Mala educacion de Pedro Almodovar
ALLOCINE
IMDB
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter