<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Saturday, August 28, 2004

ANOTHER ONE FROM LARKIN 

It's not as if I have nothing to say. My car was reamed during the night last night by a drunk guy going a hundred miles an hour down the little street where I was parked.

I was crashing on the couch because I had drunk too much and I didn't want to drive. Kari woke me up around two in the morning. Her and Glenn's truck got totally smashed by this same drunk guy. I merely got my break lights readjusted, my trunk pushed in closer to the rear window, and my back-left blinker busted. Their car is temporarily useless. It was hauled off by the wrecker called in by the police.

I could write about all that. But… I don't feel like it. I'm tired now. All day was spent helping Brian and Tracie moving their stuff out of their old house – soon to be my new home – to their brand new home & studio. Tomorrow we start giving the old home a good clean. Next week,I move in.

In the mean time, here's another one from Philip Larkin:


          None of the books have time
          To say how being selfless feels,
          They make it sound a superior way
          Of getting what you want. It isn't at all.

          Selfessness is like waiting in a hospital
          In a badly-fitting suit on a cold wet morning.
          Selfisness is like listening to good jazz
          With drinks for further orders and a huge fire.


(Philip Larkin, 1 January 1960)
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter