<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Monday, January 31, 2005

WHAT TO DO ON MONDAY WHEN IT RAINS AND THERE’S NO CUSTOMERS COMING IN THE STORE 


Dialogue between my co-worker and me about one of our regular customers who works next door and who has a crush on D. It doesn’t matter how many times we told him she’s hooked up all ready and about to get married sometimes in the next few months, he still hopes loud and clear.

“Your Romeo was in today,” I said when D. came back from her break.
“Yeah... I know, I saw him just as I was walking out.”
“He’s trying not to drink too much, he said. So he bought a little bottle of Windsor instead of his usual half gallon of gin.”
“Dooffus.”
“You know what he said?”
“What?”
“It’s pretty funny, he was like ‘don’t tell D., but tomorrow I got a first date with a new girl.”
“He didn’t say that.”
“He sure the hell did.”
“Like I give a shit.”
“I know!”
“I couldn’t care less.”
“I know! I was thinking to myself, I didn’t say anything, but I was thinking, ‘Dude, she couldn’t care less who the hell you’re going out with tomorrow or the next day.’”
“That’s right.”
“Anyway, that’s why he ain’t drinking much, he said, cuz it’s not good to get drunk on a first date, he said.”
“You know it.”
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter