<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

HOW THE DAY CHANGES 


Wasn’t feeling so good for various boring reasons I won't bore anybody with, that I decided to take the bull by the horns, so to say, and get on out here to MAKE myself feel good. I saddled my little Mazda and rode on down to Howard’s Nursery where I strolled around their plants. I ended walking away with one Star Jasmine plant about a foot and a half tall, two Persian Shield, two St. John’s Wort, one Italian Oregano, and one large bag of Texas dark Pine mulch. From there - all ready feeling much better - I rode to my local H.E.B and bought a twelve pack of beer for 10.99 Dollars. I also grabbed a little bottle of Kava Kava plant extract. I squirted my last two beer with it. A white creamy cloud forms in the beer and slowly dissipates throughout the whole bottle after a minute or so. I paid the cashier, a cute young girl in her mid twenties.

“How you doing,” I said as I walked up. The girl behind the counter wasn’t paying me any attention. She was busy looking for some piece of paper or something in her register, in her drawer, through her papers, and not finding whatever she was looking for.
I repeated myself after half a minute waiting for her.
“How you doing?”
“All right, I guess,” and she scanned my beers and my plant extract.
“My knees hurt,” she said leaning down on the conveyer belt and sighing as I ran my debit card through the machine.
She had real light brown colored skin. She was real thin with a cocky smile.
“It’s from standing on your legs all day long,” I answered stupidly, not knowing what else to say, nor how to flirt with her, though I wanted to.
“It’s all right, I got the day off tomorrow.”
“Yeah... I’m off today... man it’s nice just to hang out and enjoy this sun,” I was sounding stupider by the minute.
“Well, I got so many appointments and stuff tomorrow, it’s not like I’ll be able to enjoy it much.”
“At least you won’t be here.”
“That’s true.”
“Well you have a good day.”
“You too... b-bye.”

Back home, I’ve been planting my new plants, watering them, stuffing their soil with loads of good thick mulch. And drinking beer.

It’s a damn good day after all.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter