<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

THE MINT PLOT 


Repotted my mint shoots
doing real good
inside a little circle of stones
inside which
I dug the dirt deep
and turned it around
to let air in
breathing in that dampness
we have right now.

Found a couple of worms
gave them to my dog
and he relished them
turning around on his back
if he'd been a cat
he’d a purred
from the pleasure he found
in those worms.

This morning
walking out into my garden
I see the mint’s doing just fine
as mint usually does
it’s no gardening secret
that mint will pretty much
grow
anywhere
and it doesn’t take no genius
to get a good bunch
going.

And boy does it smell good.

I can all ready taste
some dark mint tea
sweetened with thick yellow honey
I can just taste some lamb
roasting just barely
with whole branches
of mint
and some flat white beans
cooked over night.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter