<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Sunday, February 13, 2005

MORNING REFLECTIONS 


Attention must be paid, by David Mamet in the NYTimes.

The sun has come out for the first time in a couple of weeks. This might incite me to actually go take a walk outside. First I’m going to drive out to my folks who live a few miles out of the great metropolis of Liberty Hill. It’s an hour’s drive from here, and lets all hope my car makes it as it has given signs of not wanting to move anymore... not good for an automobile, and I currently am not in a financial position to replace said automobile with another. I did take a trip to a dealership the other day, and found that for me to purchase the kind of vehicle I’d like to own, I’d have to be a richer man than I am. Though, like going to a doctor who gives you not-so-good news, it’s always better to go search for a second, and even a third opinion, somewhere's else. And I might just do that in the weeks to come. Anyway, I didn’t particularly care for the car salesman I had a meeting with last week, as in when he finally got around to putting numbers down on a piece of paper, they didn’t reflect what he had been alluding to during our talk, and when I went home, studied those numbers, found them askew, did not understand them entirely, and called him on that, or rather sent him an email with the numbers laid out as I understood them, reiterating some of what had been said during our meeting, he simply wrote back and told me those things had not been said and that they were incorrect, and thus calling ME a liar. I hear this is a common practice among the tradesmen who sale automobiles new or used for a living. Just goes to show it’s not good to sign anything until you’ve taken it home, slept on it, studied it with a clear mind, reflected upon every word and number, and then taken the decision to sign or not to sign.

(Check out Confessions of a Car Salesman found on Edmunds.com. A little long, but good reading, especially if you're in the market for a new car.)

All right. Time to get in my car and bubble on out of here.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter