<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Monday, February 28, 2005

SIMPLE FOOD 


Was laying on the couch watching a movie. First, I prepared myself some diner. Some fish, of which I’ve forgotten the name, I bought at the Korean market. I rolled it around in wheat flour, like it said on the instructions, and pan-fried it for less than ten minutes. To go along with that, I had some rice all ready done – all I have is basmati rice, I know that’s not good enough for Korean food, but that’s all I got in my pantry – and I steamed myself some garlic and some Brussels sprouts. I committed another crime when, to make my basmati rice a little stickier, I added some olive oil, and mixed in the sprouts and the garlic. Still, it was too loose, and I couldn’t use my fried seaweed paper to make tiny little rolls. I ate the seaweed by itself as a digestive.

It was all excellent. Brutus loved it even. He sat by me the whole time asking for some. He licked the rice the minute it hit the floor, and finally I gave him a piece of fried fish thinking that would calm him down a bit, that he’d eat it and go lay down and snore a little bit somewhere else... not at all. He loved it and if I ignored him for more than two minutes, he’d scratch my forearm with his paw. Gently so as not to hurt me, but persistently enough so that I wouldn’t misunderstand his demand. I gave him a couple more pieces of fish. He loved it. Then, when I was through, I made sure there was no fish bones on the plate and gave it to him. He licked it for several minutes.

The movie: Elling. The best thing I’ve seen since I’ve moved back to Texas. And last night I was watching Last Tango in Paris, through which I fell asleep. Both me and Brutus were snoring laying on the couch. On the other hand, Brutus was the only one sleeping during Elling.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter