<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Monday, February 28, 2005

SIT ON MY FACE 


Today is the last day of February. Yeep Yeep Houray! (Not sure why I should be happy about this, except that it’s been raining all night again, and this morning the sky is so blue you’d think some big fellow just sprayed the whole thing with a bomb of bright blue paint.)

Hot darn! I was in a bad mood all day yesterday. Ruined my day, didn’t even make it out of the house till after 17h00. I drove to a couple of bike shops looking to see what I'll have to put out to purchase a descent ride. It’s now official, as soon as I’m out of debt, I’m going back under, to come out hopefully – and before drowning, cross my fingers et cetera – with a brand spanking new – at least to me – road bike. Nothing perfect, it doesn’t have to be the best one in town, not even on the block, but it has to start getting me out of the house and peddling once again. I’m looking at something under 600 bucks. I won’t get much for that, but enough to get me on the road hoping for better. Too much drinking time on my hand stuck behind my computer doing nothing more than surfing and reading the newspapers. With a bike, maybe I’d get that heart of mine beating a little on the fast side for half an hour or so every other day. That couldn’t be anything but good, right? Was surfing Big Fellow, and fell upon the construction and mounting of his road bike made just for him... and I almost wet my pants. Gotta get in shape. Previous dreams of taking a year out and riding from Paris to Moscow are coming back to me. Not that I would ever do anything so silly and as physically difficult, but daydreaming about things I'll never do is fun to me. Go figure.

Also, a little diddle found on wfmu.org's blog on one recent post by station manager Ken Freedman. The diddle in question: 45 second ditty by Monty Python.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter