<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Monday, May 30, 2005

07h03 


Primer on! Mission partly accomplished. Turns out yesterday there was a telephone cable down somewhere in my neighborhood and that’s why neither my phone nor my ADLS connection were working. I spent forty minutes with a technician via my cell phone, and not once did this come up. Then several hours later, another ADSL technician called me, and after I told him my phone wasn’t working either he said I should call the “voice people” because he didn’t know anything about that kind of stuff, but that my problem sounded like “some regular voice problem,” so I called the “voice” technician line, got yet another horrible automated voice services which promptly told me that a cable was down in my area and there was nothing anybody could do before the 31th – tomorrow – so I guess I should feel lucky everything is back and running today. Sounds to me like the Voice people and the Virtual people should communicate a bit more so as to avoid frustrating technical conversations which go nowhere. Maybe I should call them up and thank them, if it hadn’t been for that technical failure, I might not have gone to Home Depot in a huff of bad mood, and bought fifty dollars worth of painting supplies.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter