<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

IT’S NOT ENOUGH TO MAKE LISTS 


39) Claire Denis makes beautiful films which are often very difficult to watch. 38) Not sure why I rented this one. 37) Jeanne Moreau: Wow. And isn’t it true, the bastards always get away with it. 36) Funny. I like Bill Murray. 35) Humphrey Bogart & Lauren Bacal, how can you go wrong? You can’t. 34) La Santé is not a healthy place to stay at, and this Becker film, his last, shows us how five men try to escape. You’d think all this digging would get boring after a while. It doesn’t. 33) Humphrey, can’t get enough Humphrey. 32) Well. Keep in mind this is made for TV miniseries. Moreau is still superb. 31) Noam. Need I say more? 30) Wasn’t impressed. Too pretty, too soap-opera-ish. 29) A little too close to home. 28) I enjoyed this a lot. 27) Couldn’t get into it. 26) Rented for Claire who was visiting me. I was too tired and went to sleep. 25) Sent it back before watching second half, didn’t think Claire would be into it. 24) I like this a lot, which is why I went ahead and rented the “first” one, which I thought was too much blablablablabla. 23) Fell asleep half way. 22) Was really depressed at the time, so couldn’t watch it. Will rent again. 21) Funny, and again, I really like Bill Murray. 20) I need to watch this again. We were this close. Scary. 19) I’ve watched this several times and I’m beginning to realize this isn’t as great as they say. It’s a good film. But that’s it. 18) Read the book. Seen the film. Like they say, kill one man you get the chair, kill a million you get the Nobel Peace Prize. 17) Good stuff. 16) This was really bad, but I watched it anyway. 15) I watched most of this, and that’s because I really like Ionesco. This was a very bad adaptation. Maybe Ionesco can simply not be adapted to the screen? Are there any others? 14) Roast some peanuts for this one. I’d hate to admit I enjoyed this... but I did. 13) This is some of my favorite kind of stuff. Specially with dialogue by Michel Audiard. Love it. 12) Michael Moore is over the top, but he often has a point, or several. Plus he’s funny. 11) Was suggested by a friend of a friend. I cried. (Am I suppose to admit that I cry at movies sometimes? Yikes!) 10) I lived in Belleville for 7 years, so it took me a bit to get over the fact that this film has nothing to do with Belleville, specially since part of me – big parts of me – whished I still lived in Belleville. 9) Hollywood crapula, all with the “moral” at the end. 8) I loved this film fifteen years ago, now it puts me to sleep. 7) Anything with Dominique Pinon. 6) Crap. 5) You gotta be in the mood, but if you are! Wow. Philip Glass. 4) Classic. Again, my kind of stuff. 3) I have a thing for Charlotte Gainsbourg, can’t help it. She’s awesome. I want to become a film-director so I can ask her to play in my movie. Or maybe I could just be her coffee boy? 2) I’d forgotten I’d seen this all ready. Still didn’t like it. 1) Some people are deranged.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter