<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

TREADING ON 


I found a house this morning which I really like. For those of you who don’t know, I’ve been searching for a house pretty much since I arrived back here in the United States in late July. It’s far from perfect in many aspects, but I’d be paying twenty to thirty bucks more than I am now, and I’d be owning my own house, or at least paying towards ownership, which changes everything. But I shouldn’t jinks it by talking about it. My mom’s drawing out the paper work first thing tomorrow, she’s acting as my real-estate agent, and I’m going back to visit the inside on Thursday morning. This morning I couldn’t get inside. I tried to call my mom but couldn’t get a hold of her. By the time we got in touch I was all ready back in Austin, so she went over there to check it out on her own, and called me back to give me the low-down on the insides. It needs work, but it’s livable as it is. That’s all I need to know. There’s a back room which with a little work could be turned into an efficiency studio. It all ready has it’s own door. I could rent it out and make some of my mortgage and property tax back, which would greatly help me out. But I shouldn’t get excited about this too much. We should put in an offer on Thursday morning. If it happens and there’s nothing wrong with the house – gotta get it all inspected from top to bottom – then I will be well on my way to accomplish my goals set out in my personal little Five Year Plan. Within the first year, thou shall purchase a house which will reduce your monthly financial responsibilities enough to qualify for a second loan so that you can purchase your second home in the beginning of the second year, at which point you will be put in a position to find a different less time-consuming employment and think seriously about going back to school as well as starting a self-employment scheme of yet unknown sorts – a large portion of what I’m thinking about these days before I can actually make it happen. I’ve got two months and two weeks left for the first year in Austin. I arrived on the 23rd of July 2004. That’s incredible how fast time has gone. In my mind I haven’t been gone six months yet.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter