<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Friday, July 01, 2005

23h50 


Been writing letters to people, some of whom are friends, some of whom might become friends, to submit stories / articles / interviews to the online magazine Claire and myself will be publishing soon. We have been working on getting a small press going for the last few months. This small press goes by the name of Les Editions Hors Serie, and it is registered in France as a not-for-profit organization, Loi 1901.

As I wrote in one of my letters:

“The working theme of our first issue is: Life, beyond the mainstream and around the corner... or, life lived outside the mainstream. Wondering if you’d have anything you’d like to submit to our magazine. Multilingualism and multiculturalism are an important element of what we’re trying to do. Living outside of one’s element, country, language, et cetera, has been rather significant for Claire, myself, and many of our friends, and it’s in that spirit that we’re trying to create this small press.

"We’re looking for but are not limiting ourselves to: Interviews with artists /filmmakers / writers, written or photographed portraits of the just-mentioned or others, photo essays, personal essays – preferably revolving around one incident and talked about in a simple straightforward style, but not necessarily – short-stories, one-act plays, short screenplays, and poetry... or... ? something else? a photo-op? a great recipes which somehow relates to our theme? an interview with oneself, kinda like Celine did once with himself because he couldn’t stand journalists?”

And this is what I have been doing, as well as teaching myself HTLM and working at my favorite liquor store, and the reason why I’ve been very bad at writing new posts on this blog... (which very few people read anyway... leave me some f...ing comments every once in while telling me how much you appreciate me! (or not... or just to say hi Frenchy!) damn it, I’m sensitive that way.)
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter