<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Sunday, July 24, 2005

SUNDAY 


Jeune parents branché, artistes, pseudo artistes, et branleurs. That’s the kind of bar, the closest one to my house, where I’ve been having a couple of American pints this late afternoon. I specify the ‘American’ part of the pint because it is much smaller than an English pint. Every time I order a pint in an American bar, I feel as if I’m getting totally cheated, which I am.

Anyway... just trying to step out of the house. This morning, early, I went to the H.E.B. (local supermarket chain) and bought a styrofoam cooler, some sandwich food, and ice, then came back home to pick up my dog. We went to the lake, had a swim, some sandwiches, a snooze, another swim, and a small walk through the woods. Perfect. I should do this more often, and for different reasons. This morning, I woke up pissed off at my neighbors and decided to hit town so as not to have to see them today. Which kind of screwed things up because I would explode at no pre-announced time holding a monologue out loud to my non-present neighbors with an argument explaining my point of contention. I did, for several moments, achieve peace while forgetting my anger, and actually enjoyed the lake, my dog, the sandwich food, the laying on a towel on the grass sleeping... but the bursts of angry speeches spoken towards the trees and to the air came out every once in a while uncontrollably. I could barely keep myself from assaulting innocent lake-bystanders, from whom I stayed as far away as possible for everybody’s safety.

To keep me calm and descent, I was reading stories from The Neon Wilderness by Nelson Algren... a wonderful writer.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter