<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Sunday, September 18, 2005

00h10 


It’s been a long day
trying to filter out the mundane


Remembering the Slovak church lunches
in Paris I had to walk past the railroad track
take a left, a couple of rights
and there it was abandoned it seemed
in that stark neighborhood
not far from Porte de Montreuil
a church
locked behind the chain fence
we would walk in after the service
was just over
me and my Slovak friend
starved the both of us
not a penny in either one
of our pockets
we attended the after-service lunch with glee.

He took care of the priest
in Slovak
and I was the interested French friend
who loved central European cultures
but spoke not a word.

We rarely paid more than a couple of euros.

We were always the center of attention.

My Slovak friend always paid
because I was even more broke
then he was
and my dad wasn’t an ex-soviet undercover cop
turned private inspector
and he seemed to have infinite funds
available to him
upon proper demands.

Broke as we were.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter