<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Sunday, September 04, 2005

SUNDAY 


It’s Sunday and I ain’t gotta be at work
it’s the Lord’s day they say
them that say it’s the Lord’s day
but I don’t believe it for a second.

Sunday’s my day, people
Sunday’s my day, folks
Sunday’s the day I get to not go to work
because the big boss man says
because the big boss man says.

He won’t give me any other day off
says it’s the Lord’s day
and I can’t work on that particular day
on the Lord’s day
and only on that day.

I guess that’s fine by me
he can say whatever he wants to say
because I know Sunday’s my day
it’s my day to stay home
it’s my day to not go to work
even if I know this ain’t no more the Lord’s day
than mine own
I’ll have a beer anyhow
and get ready for the next week full of days
which aren’t the Lord’s days
because the big boss man says
because the big boss man says.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter