<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Sunday, November 27, 2005

AFTER THE GOBLING 


Times are getting busy. This Thanksgiving was insane at the store. Pretty much non-stop from the minute we opened the doors till the time we closed. We all worked a double shift that day. We had a couple of slow hours in the early afternoon, but that didn’t last long. Thanksgiving day was a mixture of trying to recover from the previous day of work, and forget about having to go back in on Friday. I woke up on my friends’ couch sometimes in the early AM of Friday with a massive hang-over. Which bring me here, this beautiful Sunday morning, at my local coffee shop having a green tea and a banana. I’ve got a paper due for Monday’s evening class, for which I’ve merely noted down a few ideas...I’m working on the manuscript for my book of poems which is all ready long overdue...am meeting with the current editor this Wednesday hopefully, that is, if she doesn’t flake out on me...basically, what I’m trying to say is that, with the holiday season taking off on a very busy Turkey day I’m guessing that it’s gonna be an uphill battle all the way till New Year’s (this Goble-Goble day was busier than both last year’s Christmas and New Year’s!) I’ve got to crack down on the school work, because I need a 3.5 GPA to get into U.T.’s R.T.F. program, and I need to concentrate on my book, it’s been almost there for way too long now, and it needs to be there before the end of the year. All that added on to the usual up and down mood swings, I’m guessing I won’t be on this blog very often.

I did have a beautiful flight this morning, though. Was in a little apartment complex somewhere south of here on the seashore. I was living a quiet friendly life in an otherwise trashed out complex, but trashed out in a laisser-faire way, a grungy we’re at the beach situation, nothing too grossed out, and at one point, I stepped outside and lifted off into the air, over the tree line and flew a great distance inland. It was fun. Now, I don’t know what flying dreams imply in all the psycho-therapeutic way. I’m sure there’s some underlying meanings, some frustrations and neurotic behavioral problems I need to deal with, and I’m sure they’re all right on and so on and so forth. I don’t care. I had a beautiful pleasant flight. I wasn’t flying away from something, I wasn’t taken by the wind without being able to control my whereabouts, I wasn’t experiencing any kind of fear or reproach or anything negative, I was just pleasantly floating way above the trees. I even started doing back-flips, or taking on different positions, to see which was more comfortable. I waved at cattle grazing down in the fields below. Little farm houses. The terrain looked more French than Texan, so I’m not sure where I was, maybe a mixture of both. I woke up needing to go to the bathroom. I’m not sure what that means either, and I don’t want to know.

The entries during the season of festivities are going to be scattered. Wherever you are, go and have yourself a good flight. It’s fun.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter