<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Monday, November 21, 2005

COCORICO 


My friends in Portland, Maine, are opening a cocktail lounge in mid-December. Unfortunately, I cannot make it for the grand opening. J.A. asked me to think of a cocktail they’d name after me. I think he was kidding, but here it goes nonetheless. (I finally tested this cocktail on several people last night after trying out several versions on myself the last couple of weeks, and for the most part, it was successful.)

My version of the Chocolate Martini, use top-shelf ingredients only:

the COCORICO

One shot of citrus flavored vodka
One shot of straight vodka
Half a shot of chocolate liqueur
A generous splash of kirshwasser

Put all ingredients in the martini shaker with lots of ice – made from distilled water of course, no tap-water rocks in my house! – shake rigorously for 30 seconds, and filter into a martini glass.

(Cocorico is the sound the rooster makes in French, and Coco is how the Americans pronounce Cacao. The rooster is a very French symbol. I’m both French and American and since this is a chocolate inspired drink, I think the name is perfect.)
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter