<$BlogRSDURL$>

needles needling needlessly with little thread... or much of anything else...

(foolish dribbles to be written at uncertain times, on an irregular basis, from uncertain sections of the ever expending universe, and from whatever dimension I-We-Us-Them might find ourselves/ myself in …)

Monday, March 06, 2006

OFF I GO 

This afternoon, I take the big leap across the big pound … this is far from being the first time, yet every time I do it, it puts me ill at ease. It’s not unusual for me to not sleep at all for several nights or so before I fly off, and absolutely nothing while flying … thus, this time I decided to take a different approach, as I only have six days in Paris and I simply can’t spend my whole time being jet-lagged and off kilter. I’ve come home relatively early the last couple of nights, had just a couple drinks and went to bed trying to think good happy thoughts. I did have restless dreams all night long and woke up way before my alarms sounded at 6am, but when it did, I went to the pool and did lots and lots of laps. I’m now nice and sore, and by the time I board the second plane tonight, the one going straight from Houston to Paris, I hope that after a couple of bourbons, I’ll be so tired that I’ll fall into a stupor and sleep like a baby all the way to Charles de Gaulle.

So off I go, flying into the sun …

(The mere thought of climbing into a large hallow tube of metal with wings weighing several tones, and going up 30 thousand feet into the air at ungodly speeds, puts me in a weary mood to say the least. What ever happened to ocean liners? That seems like a much more descent form of transportation. I’d rather float on water than whiz through air any day.)
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site 
Meter